Here's a picture of one of Joaquin's latest creations. Look how symmetrical it is! I was very impressed, he did that all by himself.
So, funny story, whenever he swings, Joaquin likes to sing. Not sure why the two are associated in his mind, especially since in general he prefers not to sing in public. (public even occasionally includes me) However while swinging he generally sings the entire time; which is entertaining b/c he can swing for a really long time. You also need to know that we have a children's CD with a fun rendition of the alphabet song. First they sing the song, then they sing it cowboy style (kinda slow), then classical style (a ringing soprano voice) and finally with added words for every letter. So Joaquin starts singing the ABCs, no big deal, but when he finishes he says, "I wonder how a coupla cowboys might sing this song. I think they'd sing it kinda slow." (Which is EXACTLY what they say on the CD) and then proceeds to re-sing the ABCs at an extremely funereal tempo. Then he tries it classical style which involved him singing it really high and in a funny sort of baby voice to try and imitate the woman. Finally he attempted to sing the version with added words but he doesn't remember most of them so it's just sounds until he gets to, "S, S, S, sunshine!" By this point I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't push. Who knew he had all that in there? (In case you're wondering he can still sing the Christmas jingle for the new Christmas episodes of Max & Ruby. He proved it this day also, "hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hop, hoppy holidays, etc.)
1 comment:
I am often forced to hear (and participate) in singing the ABCs like a cowboy and classically. Thank you.
Post a Comment