What's a boy to do when he wants to pretend he's climbing a beanstalk and there isn't one handy? Use Daddy of course! He's the tallest climbable thing around. (Sort of) I came in and Daniel was kneeling on the bed laughing while Joaquin tried to climb up him while telling him about how he would find lots of good food at the top of the beanstalk. So a few more examples of Joaquin humor:
1. Loves switching things he knows to be true. Always says, "Red means go and green means stop!" and then laughs uproariously. This was also true when I found him one day playing with the little pretend hamburger patties he has and calling them cookies. I told him, "Joaquin, those are meat patties, not cookies." He refused to agree with me, kept calling them cookies, and then deliberately brought it up again at bed time as a joke. At first I didn't get it, so he told me, "They're cookies mommy, no they're meat patties, no they're cookies!"
2. This 'witty' banter is evident in all his humor. He also likes to play with grammer. We have a game where he says, "My name is me and your name is you!". The response is, "No, my name is me, and your name is you." Repeat ad nauseum.
3. Likes to repeat whole scenes/sentences from Max & Ruby, only changing them by adding mommy in instead of the original names. For example one character says in an episode, "Sorry, Ruby, I guess I need more lessons." So anytime he does something and it doesn't work he says to me, "Sorry, Mommy, I guess I need more lessons" in exactly the same inflection.
1 comment:
Allie does the "I'm me, you're you" thing too, just in shorter sentences! :) She thinks its hilarious, she'll walk up to me, point to her chest and say "I'm me, Mama!" and I reply "Yep, you're you!" and then she laughs and says, "No, you're you!" . . . you see how it goes. Over and over!
Post a Comment