Monday, March 22, 2010

Pirámide

Despite the random overnight snowstorms, it's really become warm. Thursday was absolutely gorgeous so Joaquin and I went to the park after lunch. This picture just shows how big Joaquin looks. He's calmly walking up these, holding the rail, when last summer it would have been a difficult clamber. He hasn't really grown since about December but I feel like he looks more like a little boy every day. I took out his shorts to try them all on and the sight of him looking all leggy and tall almost made me cry. (By the way Dora - don't buy him any shorts, he currently has 9 that fit him. I can't store anymore!) We met some acquaintances of ours and Joaquin and the little girl had fun playing with a pyramid made of metal grates that guards the opening of some large drainage pipes. I appreciate the big grates as a safety feature, but they are certainly interesting as well. Joaquin dropped maybe a million sticks/rocks inside. However I paid for our fun with a ridiculous sunburn on my chest. I hadn't planned to be out that long but got started talking (gee, I know you're all shocked) and we stayed out for TWO HOURS. Of course I had forgot to put sunscreen on so while my face was protected by make-up, the front of me crisped. You might be wondering if I was a good enough mom to remember sunscreen for Joaquin. No I wasn't, but don't worry, all he got was some rosy cheeks. Mexi-screen wins again! (That term is Daniel's)

No comments: