Monday, March 22, 2010

Constructorito



I realize I do a lot of blogs about Duplos, and I'm sorry. But they're some of the biggest things in Joaquin's world currently and this blog is all about what he's interested in. So if you're not (interested that is) you'll just have to lump it. This particular piece, is an engine, not a water cycle as you might imagine. This is only a mid stage, but I was amused by the plastic 'wood' boards that formed a trail from his bed to the engine. If you're wondering, it's a pathway for the water to run in. (That's from Joaquin's mouth, I found it confusing as well) From this front view, you can see how elaborate this particular structure was. Notice also, the multi-media aspect. It included, legos, wooden blocks, a wooden train engine, plastic 'wood' planks from his tools, colored screws, wedgits and some baby spoons. If you don't believe me, click on the picture, I think you can see most of those. It was up in his room for a week or so before we finally took it down. I made him clean up the accessories for it that were traveling all over his room since it made playing in there very difficult. While that caused hysterics; once he came to grips with it he decided to tear down the whole thing. After that we had a large, tall square structure that was a storage container for water. He kept showing me how big it was and talking about how much water it could hold. Then this morning he dragged me in to his room to show me the 'turret' (his word, thanks 'Max & Ruby') he made. As I made admiring noises he told me how a princess lived there and she had a bed and a fridge and food and knives and spoons. (It's important to have all the essentials.) Here it is, I was impressed by the creative construction on this one. The real joy of Duplos is this; we appear to be over the resisting pooping hump. We resorted to bribing him with some blocks and chocolate if he pooed. After a day of antibiotic-induced diarrhea he started to see the extreme profitability of this and we're now about to run out of blocks! So God bless Duplos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What can I say!

My grandchild is a genius!!!

mimo