So I realize that this is Wednesday and this post is about Saturday, but even though Saturday was mostly pleasant we had another one of these freakish cold spells inbetween then and now so if felt weird to blog about our day in the park. Fortunately today was gorgeous so I'm inspired! Saturday morning was nice, so Daniel got some work done on Joaquin's bed and Joaquin (wearing his new work outfit of multiple layers of Daddy paint shirts) played around with his new toy. It's .... something on a string! Yes, he has discovered the age old joy of draggin something around on a st
ring. This happened to be a piece of metal so it had the added bonus of making cool noises on things. Then I went out to water some pots and he remembered what fun the hose is! Despite the fact that it wasn't warm enough to make getting wet fun he had a short-lived blast before getting ridiculously chilly. It was actually really cute, he was all shivery and his little lips turned purple. I totally remember my little
brother doing that after we pulled him out of the pool. Even when it got too cold to swim, Matthew was a fish so he usually ended most swimming afternoons as a ridiculously cold little guy. (That might also be because our favorite pool wasn't heated and he had like no body fat.) After getting all chilled we decided to warm up by putting on fresh (i.e. dry) clothes and having a picnic lunch at the park. We weren't the only family to have this particular brainstorm, but the park wasn't too packed for fun. First Joaquin and Daddy played on the playground while I tried to convince Chita to stretch her legs and be tough. (She's had a little too much of the whole I'm a lap dog thing going on lately.)
After watching my (probably somewhat sad) attempts, Daniel decided to take over and get Chita really moving, which resulted in some fun action shots of them. Here's Daniel and Chita, and here's Joaquin in 'hot' pursuit. That's his football he's holding (somewhat murderously), after awhile he gave up on catching them and was trying to throw his football at them and so 'catch' Chita. Then home for deserved R&R. 

No comments:
Post a Comment