
Uncle Matty's home! Okay, so he's been home for awhile, you try blogging with the week I just had. Moving on, we went and met him at the airport, which I pumped Joaquin up for. When I told him we were going to the airport he said, "We'll see the American flag, and the yellow flag and the black flag. " I'm thinking, american flag okay, yellow flag is the New Mexico flag, but black flag? Turns out he was right, at the top of escalators are three giant flags, the American, the New Mexican and the POW/MIA black flag. I repeated this story to Daniel who said that yeah Joaquin had told him all about the flags the other day and called it the black flag with the man on it. He notices the weirdest things! Meeting Matthew was fun and while Joaquin was a little nervous, he warmed up quickly since he wanted to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house to play with "the big guy". Matthew further cemented the friendship by bringing presents of a double-decker toy bus, matchbox (yes they sell those in England too) construction equipment and a propeller-driven squid bathtoy. (This squid is the coolest toy ever! If I can find a way both Allie and Jonah are getting one.) We've had a lot of quality time with Matthew during the day and I wanted to include this video of Matthew and Joaquin twirling in the pool. We spent a really long time in Great-Grandma's pool and practiced our synchronized swimming moves. I'm working on Joaquin's form, he doesn't seem to remember to point his toes and hold his legs out when I spin him. Unless we make more progress we'll never make it to the Olympics. However, it was very fun to spin with Uncle Matty since he's up higher and can swing faster!
No comments:
Post a Comment