
I'm way behind on blogs so here's one a week old. Last monday Joaquin and I drove out to Dixon's apple farm to get some of the famed Champagne apples. (At least the news talks about them like they're famed, I had never heard of them before but most other people I talked to had.) Apparently this is where the Champagne apple grows and when it's ripe people come to the farm and buy them - you can't get them shipped. So Joaquin and I drove out and got some. They also have a little food stand which serves such delicacies as apple fritters and caramel apple rings. The caramel apple rings are an apple, cored and sliced into rings and then drenched in a watery caramel sauce. Joaquin loved it (pictoral evidence above) and while it made me sick afterwards it was probably worth it. (You all know how I feel about a caramel apple) We also got t
o admire some tractors they have on display, although sadly we couldn't climb on them. However Joaquin was fairly content to look at the engines and ask me where certain parts were. As you can imagine, those answers consisted mainly of, "I don't know, let's ask Daddy when we get home." Joaquin's energy started to flag fairly quickly due in part to the fact that we were in direct sun for most of our time there. While there were several picnic tables in the shade, both of the old gentlemen I approached to ask if we could sit next to them said "no", so we were stuck on a bench in the sun. Seriously, a woman with a two
year old, juggling a bag, a caramel apple ring, a hot dog, two drinks, napkins and her sanity and they just said, no. Chivalry is soooooooo dead my friends! We ended our morning with a trip to the porta-potty which made quite an impression on Joaquin. When Daddy asked about our day, Joaquin told him all about the porta-potty and the blue inside the potty and how it didn't flush, etc. We bought a bag of apples and as Joaquin wanted to imitate the rest of the folks buying pounds and pounds of apples, we placed our little bag in a wheelbarrow to bring it to our car. I don't know if it's the kind of thing I would do again if I weren't a stay-at-home mommy looking for activities, but the Champagne's are quite good and the drive up was pretty so we had a good time overall.
o admire some tractors they have on display, although sadly we couldn't climb on them. However Joaquin was fairly content to look at the engines and ask me where certain parts were. As you can imagine, those answers consisted mainly of, "I don't know, let's ask Daddy when we get home." Joaquin's energy started to flag fairly quickly due in part to the fact that we were in direct sun for most of our time there. While there were several picnic tables in the shade, both of the old gentlemen I approached to ask if we could sit next to them said "no", so we were stuck on a bench in the sun. Seriously, a woman with a two
year old, juggling a bag, a caramel apple ring, a hot dog, two drinks, napkins and her sanity and they just said, no. Chivalry is soooooooo dead my friends! We ended our morning with a trip to the porta-potty which made quite an impression on Joaquin. When Daddy asked about our day, Joaquin told him all about the porta-potty and the blue inside the potty and how it didn't flush, etc. We bought a bag of apples and as Joaquin wanted to imitate the rest of the folks buying pounds and pounds of apples, we placed our little bag in a wheelbarrow to bring it to our car. I don't know if it's the kind of thing I would do again if I weren't a stay-at-home mommy looking for activities, but the Champagne's are quite good and the drive up was pretty so we had a good time overall.
1 comment:
You've seriously never heard of Dixon's champagne apples? We used to take our Christmas card pictures every year. I loved that place!
Post a Comment