
Mi-mo and Billpa-pa recently bought an inflatable kayak to use when they boat around Lake Powell. Since they needed some lessons, they enlisted a friend who does a lot of kayaking and Joaquin got to help Billpa-pa and Daniel break in the kayak. I'm not sure he enjoyed it completely at first, but later Daniel and I went out with him and he liked that. We were really safe since Dora's friends have a little girl of about four (who has her own kayak that she can actually use) who had an old life vest that fit Joaquin. It was Dora the explorer, so not very macho, but Joaquin was happy enough to put it on. He actually enjoyed climbing up the little hill and playing on the playground as much if not more than the actual kayaking. Mi-mo and Billpa-pa picked up rowing pretty fast, and I got to be a paddle princess so it was a good day all around. 



No comments:
Post a Comment