
Sunday morning we went to Denver Seminary to attend church and see the campus, while Joaquin spent a morning with Mi-mo. I know they had a fun time b/c when we got back Joaquin told us to go away. I don't know if I'm hurt by all this go awaying or impressive with how loved and secure my child feels, since he can so easily reject my presence knowing it is always there for him. Hmmm.. They did a variety of things like play with sidewalk chalk. I saw the little message when we came back, oh, it says "I love M & D" (translation, Mommy and Daddy). He also rode on his trike that Dora found on Craig's

list. He was starting to kind of get it by the time we left, but I've realized that since trikes don't have a chain like a bike, they're actually quite difficult to keep moving. They're stable, but not actually easy to move. We really have to get him one though, we kept forgetting all summer, but he needs to work on it and fall in ABQ still provides lots of time for riding. He and Mi-mo also made dinosaur sandwiches with some cool dinosaur cookie cutters. This is why it's always better at a grandma's house! They can be coerced into more fun activities. Then we said our good-byes and hit the road. (Notice this extremely awkw

ard hug. Joaquin has started to get nasty about saying good-byes as if not saying them means he doesn't have leave. Nice try!) Once we got in the car Joaquin sat for a few minutes and then announced. "I tired, I take my nap." Then he put both hands behind his head and went to sleep. (He's always doing that, he looks like he's relaxing on a hammock half the time he's sleeping) It was the funniest and coolest thing ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment