
Mi-mo and Billpa-pa have quite a bit of land, so Joaquin and Daddy 'helped' Bill cut and trim some trees while we were there. Joaquin got to ride in the jeep without a seatbelt to do this, which was quite the thrill. Here he is pointing out various features of the jeep to me. He was also intrigued by the noise the wind made in the trees. He told me that it sounded like "my muchachine that makes noise" (That means his white noise machine). Everytime the wind stopped, he'd stop and ask me where it went. Then later while taking a nap, he tol

d me his machine had the wind in it. After he got bored with that, Mi-mo had the great idea of a sort of egg-hunt with plastic dinosaurs. She hid a bunch of dinosaurs around and we looked for them. She hid them in relatively plain sight, and we called out extremely broad hints like, "I think there's something on the truck", etc. Joaquin had a great time collecting dinosaurs, and I thought Dora was extremely creative, but we ran into a slight snag. Joaquin has been developing the toddler hoarding instinct with a vengeance. He wanted to put all the dinosaurs and fr

isbees in his pockets, not in the bag. Fortunately he had four available pockets, but this became more and more difficult as he found more dinosaurs. He also began to have a hard time walking and things kept dropping out of his pants. I'm trying to remember to laugh at these bizarro quirks he's developing b/c if I don't laugh I'm going to go nuts. Plus they are sincerely funny. I don't think I can describe quite how silly he looked walking stiff-legged to keep all his dinosaurs in. He also was so serious. Apparently dinosaur hunting is like egg-hunting at Easter; it is a serious job and should not be undertaken lightly. Afterward he showed Daddy all his loot and they 'charged' up his glow-in-the dark dinosaurs and admired them in the pantry. A+ points to Mi-mo for her creativity!


No comments:
Post a Comment