Monday, October 26, 2009

Pintura de dedo, dos

About a week ago (yes I haven't blogged in awhile, I was busy) I decided to try fingering painting again. This picture shows you my well thought-out set-up. (Wow, two hyphens in a row!) I squeezed a little of each color into a bowl (no more giving him the entire pot!), used smaller sheets of paper, got lots of paper towels and set it all up outside! (See I learn from experience). I thought I was soooooo clever and it was definitely a lot cleaner. However, cleanliness impairs creativity as Joaquin was definitely less thrilled with it as an activity. He played a little and swirled some colors around, but he got bored quickly and didn't really care what happened to his pictures later. I'm forced to conclude (reluctantly) that most of the joy of finger painting is the squishy messiness! And that, like many works of genius, Joaquin's creativity is spurred on by chaos and craziness. Sigh. I forsee much clean-up in my future.

No comments: