Friday, October 9, 2009

Fiesta de los Globos (2009)

Ah the Balloon Fiesta. Happens every year and I still like it. (I'm not alone in this, such is the charm of large numbers of hot air balloons that many Albuquerqueans go every year.) Joaquin of course loves balloons (continuing our trend of enjoying everything transportational or mechanical). We've been watching them from our window in the mornings, a great perk of our current location. Thursday we decide to take the morning off from work, etc. and go to the park. We always try to go on a Special Shapes day b/c it makes it that much more exciting. Joaquin had a great time, his favorite balloons were the Noah's Ark and a few shaped like other forms of transportation (a fire truck, a train, etc.). But I was totally thrilled to see Carmen Miranda back! She's my favorite from when I was a little girl. I've never seen pictures of the actual woman but my childhood self thought the balloon was the prettiest thing ever! She still looks good.

No comments: