Friday, July 23, 2010
VBS 2010
So I apologize as this is a post without pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of Vacation Bible School b/c I was too busy working. And I worked hard since I told the biblestory to everyone of the 200 children that attended. Because I was working, Joaquin got to attend the preschoolers class (since they're so much work, we only have preschool class for the children of workers). They've really developed it in the last couple of years, so the preschoolers get to do basically everything the older kids do. They had craft time, music time, snack time, game time and story time. Joaquin loved it, he especially got into the craft time. The day they made birdfeeders he wasn't finished when they had to move on, so in order to avoid a fit, Grandma stayed with him and helped him finish. Sometimes he's so slap-dash and sometimes, when he thinks something is cool, he is ridiculously persnickety. My favorite VBS story comes from music time. Stacy came to me after VBS on Tuesday and asked me, "What song is all around the neighborhood?" Apparently Joaquin had requested it and sang it himself when nobody knew what it was. However his version left them still confused as to what it was. Some judicous questioning on my part the next evening elicited it. It's apparently his favorite verse of "This Little Light of Mine." "All Around the Neighborhood, I'm gonna let it shine," etc. Anyway, the week ended with a little program for the parents, where the kids sang the songs they learned. The preschoolers were supposed to sing one song with the big kids. Joaquin sat on the steps very nicely and jumped up when asked. When the singing started he looked at the big kids, then started slowly backing up until he touched the risers and hopped up. He stood next to the big kids through the whole song, neither singing or doing the motions. Then he got down and came to sit with me through the rest of program. When I asked him later why he didn't sing he said, "Because I didn't know it. I'm too little to know songs with that many words that aren't Jesus Loves Me." Totally cracked me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment