Sunday, July 18, 2010

Una Noche con Tio Matty

So as requested by Rachel, here is a picture of the finished product. It looks very nice and works just like a bed works. :) We're trying to decide if Daniel should make the dresser or the loft bed and which part we should buy. Currently voting for the loft bed. A dresser sounds wildly complicated to make. Still, regardless of how much effort your father put into making it, a bed is still just a place for playing. Here is Joaquin wrestling with Uncle Matty. Obviously in this picture he is standing on Uncle Matty, but he had just finished 'pinning' him. This week Albuquerque has been wretchedly hot and humid (for ABQ) and it's been pretty miserable outside and in. Because of our upducts our house has been relatively comfortable, but my brother was sweltering at my parents where both swamp coolers were struggling to bring it below eighty. So he came over to our house for the evening. It worked out well for Joaquin and I as Daniel had to be in Livermore again for a few days. Joaquin had a boy to play with (something he really wants at all times, I'm merely a stopgap) and I had another adult to talk to. Matthew was also
helpful at bathtime, here he is wearing his 'bubble hat'. I like this picture of Matthew since you can tell he's cracking up, but hopefully he's handsome enough in it. I'm not allowed to post pictures he looks ugly in. Actors, honestly. :) And finally here's a picture of new daredevil Joaquin. He's been showing a somewhat delayed sense of craziness lately, trying to do things that scare me. Not sure where this recent bravery comes from - he's always been such a cautious kid. This is his new favorite thing - standing on the sides of the bathtub, supporting himself with the wall. I only let him do it a few times, since it worries me, but I hate to spoil his daring. He so rarely pushes the envelope physically that I like to encourage him when he does. I just spot him very nervously! (Photo editing done for obvious reasons!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you. :-)

And aren't you a nice Mommy for letting Joaquin be crazy in the tub like that.

Unknown said...

A new bed deserves new bedding! I will be bringing that with me next weekend. Can't wait to see all of you.
dora