
We had a fun fourth of July this year, combining it with Father's Day (since our vacation and my Grandfather's death kind of consumed Father's Day). To all our other Fathers... we do appreciate you, we were just a little busy. Anyway, since it was a father celebration as well as the fourth we had pineapple-upsidedown

cake for Daniel and homemade ice cream for my Dad. And Joaquin loved it! He actually loved the whole process of putting the ingredients in and running the machine. I think he sat with Aunty Boo-boo and Bryan watching for the entire time it was running. Even adding more ice was soooooo exciting! I thought we would need entertainment while the ice cream was gelling and was kind of worried, but apparen

tly the machine doing it's thing is enough for Joaquin. Yeah! He was also enamored with the ice cream itself. (Which is totally understandable since Heather found a great recipe online and it was fantastic! The ice cream I remember from my childhood.) Then Grandpa introduced him to a very special tradition, cleaning the

dasher. Every excuse to get more ice cream! (My dad is an ice cream fanatic.) He and Joaquin were 'trying' it to make sure it was okay. After the first bite Joaquin said, "I think I should try some more." And he did. :) After ice cream and cake it was time for fireworks. We had a variety of small ones that we had purchased, but our neighborhood has a plethora of folks who specialize in illegal fireworks. That and our proximity to the Balloon Park fireworks means our neighborhood is quite exciting after dark on the fourth. Joaquin was excited but a little nervous about this bounty so after he had been warned to be careful about the fireworks he decided to do something about it. As I walked out of the house he was wondering around praying piercing, "Dear Jesus, please protect us from the fireworks. Make the fireworks stay in the sky and not fall on us." Good thing he did since a very close neighbor had some very exciting fireworks! Still we had a great time and leftover ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment