Tuesday, July 6, 2010

El Baile a mi Música

You know how cute it is when little kids attempt to dance? And how so many of them appear to just jive with any sort of beat? Well this is not true of Joaquin. Honestly he rarely, if ever, dances. I'm not sure if this is from an innate lack of rhythm (which seems unlikely b/c he's pretty good at singing rhythmically, at least for his age), or just shyness, as Joaquin really hates to appear stupid in any way. Whatever it is, we rarely see this video I have obtained for you. In this specific instance, Joaquin just started dancing while we were hanging out in his room the other day. When we complimented him on his moves and asked if he wanted any music, he said he had some music in his head. I tried to even sing some for him, but was politely asked to stop. He wanted his music. After awhile he asked Daddy to dance with him. I'm sorry the video of Joaquin and Daddy dancing is sideways (I always forget that you can't flip a video), but it is well worth turning your head for. My favorite is that Joaquin appears to see some differences between the two kinds of stomps cause I really can't tell. He also asked me to dance as well, but fortunately that was not recorded for posterity!

No comments: