Were any of you wondering what happened to our lego blogs? We haven't done any for awhile, which I'm sure was a relief to all. However, this does not mean that no building is going on. Heaven forfend. Joaquin actually acquired some new Duplos on our California trip, so we've had even more fun lately. This first picture is another multi-media creation from Joaquin. Notice his dull affect, it's actually the happiest looking picture of this lot. He was very annoyed at me b/c I could not make the trio block structure sit the way he wanted, while allowing the purple Tinker Toy wire to remain stuck in the holes of his Duplo base. What can you do when toys aren't engineered to go together? He doesn't really take
no for an answer in situations like these, he has an idea and it needs to happen come hell or high water. Personally not a fan of this trait as I'm not a perfectionist and can usually let all number of small details slide. How do you convince a small child that sometimes things can't happen the way you want and you need to learn to deal with it? Seriously, I'm open to suggestions. It's not really naught behavior, although it definitely becomes naughty when he yells at Mommy when she can't do it. But the ability to live with second-best b/c perfect is impossible is kind of a necessary characteristic. Anyway, this second picture is Joaquin and my fountain. It represents progress, b/c it is the first cooperative structure built by Joaquin and I. I've built before and he's been really mad at what I've done,
or he's built and I've supplemented, but this is the first real cooperative effort. In case you're wondering, it sits in a pretend pool of water and the water is pumped up (Joaquin made a 'pump' for it) through the columns and then jets out at a variety of places on the upper structure. Some of them even blow bubbles. There are also lights controlled by a machine that Joaquin placed on the middle tier. Now don't you wish you had a fountain like that? But just so you don't think building is all we do, here's another picture. See, we can make a mess with a variety of toy options.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment