Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mentores

I say thankful prayers every day that my boy has so many lovely men in his life.  It's even better that most of them will take time to hang out with him.  Lately Joaquin and Daddy have been enjoying reading together.  They tackled The Hobbit which was a bit above Joaquin's head.  He caught the plot and had fun with it, but asked questions about every half second.  (Very frustrating, not just for Daddy but listening Mommy as well.)  So I went looking for a book that would be easier to conquer.  I got Mr. Popper's Penguins, which turned out to be quite the hit.  Joaquin has been a penguin for several days now.  Now that they've finished, they're moving on to the Chronicles of Narnia.  Don't worry boys, that should occupy you for awhile and Mommy has a prodigous repetoire of favorite children's literature.  This other picture is with Grandpa.  He and Grandma dropped by on Memorial Day and he introduced Joaquin to Notepad on the computer.  You would think it wouldn't be interesting to a kid who's quickly mastering Word, but Joaquin is interested in new computer information always.  He really just likes knowing how things work on the computer.  Turned it on, typed in my password and opened up Word the other day.  Totally shocked me!  Anyway now he's discovered that Grandpa likes computers too and I think my Dad is going to be on call for more computer lessons.

No comments: