Monday, May 21, 2012
El Dia de Madre 2012
Mother's Day! And also Eliana's baby dedication day. She behaved very well, no crying or fussing. However she did manage to start spitting and pooping. I don't think anyone else noticed, but it was nerve-wracking for me! Fortunately, she looked absolutely adorable in her little white eyelet dress (my protestant take on a christening robe). Joaquin was very good too, falling into serious/nervous mode that he gets when he realizes something is important. He looked sweet also, notice he matches Daddy. Then to torment Eliana further we went to Grandpa and Grandma's house after church for lunch and celebration. We have three generations of Mommies in this picture! Daniel and Joaquin gave me some Mommy jewelry, carefully designed to not be cheesy (Daniel threatened to buy me those little golden children with the birthstones in the middle of them, but fortunately conquered his sense of humor before Joaquin could decide they were cute.) So I have a gorgeous cuff bracelet and necklace with everyone's birthstone. Entertainingly Joaquin's is turquoise while Eliana's is rose quartz. Blue for my boy and pink for my girl, how classic. Mother's day or no, you're still a mother so here I am reading to both the kiddoes (not sure what if any Eliana gets out of it, but she likes being part of the action). I just noticed the myriad of different outfits Eliana is in. Yes this is all on Mother's Day - she's in a very spitty stage right now!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment