
Joaquin graduated from pre-school! I say it like that because I'm trying to be happy about it. I am super proud of him, he's learned a ton and grown up so much. But it's hard not to be scared about my little guy growing up. He really has changed so much this year, finally becoming a little boy and leaving toddler-hood completely behind.

Of course they had a graduation ceremony, that's not silly at all. It was actually very sweet, the kids wore matching t-shirts and had little felt mortarboards. Each class performed their own little song and then each student had their name called and received their 'diploma'. I'm admittedly biased, but Joaquin's class did the best job on their song. They obviously knew their words and their actions. And Joaquin was obviously having a great time participating. Sometimes he can be such a stinker about joining in, this was really fun to see. And to top off a lovely evening, Eliana was an absolute angel baby all night. Fabulous! Afterwards, we met up with Joaquin and because everyone else was doing it, he insisted we take photos with him on the edge of the stage. And since it was his initiation, he really smiled. Look at these charming, no grimace smiles. He's a little sad because he tells me he's going to miss his friends, but fortunately Caleb, Caleb and Joshua will still be at Sunday school!


No comments:
Post a Comment