To celebrate the upcoming mother's day, Joaquin's class had a mother's day luncheon. Joaquin made me a special lunch bag (see right) and he and Daddy prepared a special lunch for me to take. Cantelope wrapped in proscuitto. Aren't they fancy? Daddy had coached Joaquin well, he knew all about how I first had it in Italy. So I brought my special lunch and joined Joaquin at lunch time. He had made me several presents (see my beautiful flower pot, both the 2d and 3d versions.) My favorite as usual was the questions about mommy. Last year's answers to similar questions were so outrageous and adorable, but this year was remarkable for some really good answers. Despite thinking I'm 10 ft tall, he knows my age and eye color, etc. He also thinks my favorite color is green, which isn't necessarily accurate, but considering I'm always trying to dress him in it, it's a good guess. He says I always call him 'my sunshine' which is totally the truth. And he loves me because I take care of him. Oh, sweet boy! Then his class showed us how they say the pledge, sang "You're a grand old flag" (patriotic theme, don't know why) and then recited all the 26 verses they learned, one for each letter of the alphabet. It was very cute, especially since Joaquin got to hold the big flag as it was his snack and show-and-tell day. Finally we picnicked outside under the trees. And since Eliana had eaten at a good time and could spend an hour or so with Grandma, we got some nice mommy and son time. It was lovely.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment