Sunday, January 16, 2011

Siestas?

I am well aware that much of what happens during 'naptime' at our house is not sleeping. In fact most naptimes contain no sleeping at all. Joaquin is after all, four. He doesn't really need to nap, he just needs some quiet alone time to unstimulate himself. (Trust me, he really does need it, a few days experimentation without it are enought to completely convince me!) So I shouldn't be surprised that he's finding inventive ways to entertain himself while shut in his room. However, the recent spate of re-clothing incidents have been definitely surprising, and entertaining. One time he went in wearing sweatpants and a shirt and came out wearing a full set of pajamas and his football pants over the pajama pants. (Picture left.) He insisted on wearing this outfit to dinner at Jason's Deli. I never wanted to be one of those parents with a child out of the house in their pajamas, but I think he was actually warmer than me. (It was a very cold evening.) The second incident is even more interesting because he fell asleep afterward (you can see his rosy, red, sleep cheeks in the picture). For some reason he put on most of the underwear in his underwear drawer, one right over the next.
Then, after binding his legs together almost to the knee, he fell
asleep. How this didn't annoy him passionately and wake him up I'll never know. Daddy was quite entertained to discover this when he went in to wake Joaquin up and they counted - he was wearing 14 pairs of underwear.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

He's going to be the next kid to break that underwear wearing record!