Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tareas

So I decided it was time for Joaquin to have a few chores; get used to pulling his weight around the house. Ha, ha, he's not capable of doing as many chores as he causes. However, he has been very sweet and semi-excited about helping mommy with a few things. He brings his plate and cup to the sink from the table. (This is very mature on my part b/c I'm always nervous that he'll drop
something onto the floor and I'll have more to clean up.) We've had to discuss how you get down from the table BEFORE you pick up your plate and you carry it with both hands, then go get your cup. He's very good about it, most of the time. He also helps me when I unload the dishwasher. He puts the silverware back in the drawer. These pictures are of him showing Daddy how to do it one morning. They had a great time since Joaquin started getting silly and deliberately putting the silverware in the wrong place because it was soooooooo funny to put a fork in with the spoons. (This is a classic example of Joaquin humor. His favorite joke is to call someone the opposite sex from what they are, "Mommy you're a boy!" or, addressing mommy, "I love you Daddy!" Oh, ha, ha, ha!) Fortunately he doesn't normally misplace silverware for mommy or his helpfulness would be completely lost.

No comments: