
Apparently Joaquin is a very gentle and humane animal doctor. Here he is taking splinters out of his little critters. He explained to me very carefully how tweezers can be pokey but how these tweezers have pads on them so that they can't hurt the puppies and kitties. He was so serious about it that I resisted the urge to laugh, but his explaination was so expressive and pompous that it was

very hard. And look, he cares about the animals emotional health as well. See him read to Jorge? I can rarely get Joaquin to 'read' to me although there are several books he knows well enough to recite. However, I will sometimes catch him reading to Chita or his animals. One time I heard him 'read' most of SkippyJon Jones to Baxter. Which is impressive cause that's a long and complicated book. Unfortunately when reading to Chita he never gets very far as she runs off. Oh well. Here he was showing Jorge his "Build a Burrito" book. It has a variety of ingredients for a burrito and you put different numbers of them in(1-10) so it's also a counting book in english and spanish. Joaquin is always intrigued by the idea that someone would put rice, olives, chiles and lettuce in their burrito, being a strictly beans and cheese man himself. He graciously explained to Jorge how some people like these things in their burritos because everyone likes something different.
1 comment:
Here's my question. Does Joaquin ever wear pants at home? ;-)
Post a Comment