Joaquin is often a crazy, hyper, cagey little barbarian (like most 3 year olds). However, he does have his sweet side. So here's some endearing Joaquin moments. 1. Joaquin is a devoted fan of canned peaches so if I'm out of fruit they're always a viable alternative. I had given him the last half of a can for breakfast the other day and once he remembered how good they were he demanded them again for lunch. Since I didn't have any more I pulled out a can of pears. As he's gleefully eating them he tells me, "It's good that I put these pears on top of the canned peaches. The canned peaches make good medicine in my stomach. Not medicine like for my back, but good medicine. And the pears make it with them." I just about died. What on earth is going on in that little head? 2. Daniel and I have been taking classes trying to become foster/adoptive parents. These classes are quite long and have been taking up a lot of evenings and two Saturdays. We were trying to explain to Joaquin why we were going. He's very excited about having a little brother/sister (he wants one of each by the way) and Daniel was trying to explain to him that this little sibling would have other parents who couldn't take care of them. But if those parents got better they could have them back. Then Joaquin says, "If you go to more school can we get a little brother we can keep?" 3. The picture is of Joaquin and Daniel snuggled in his bed. Joaquin used to have this game he played where I would lay in his bed and he would shut the door to his room and go "make me food". I think he just enjoyed putting me to bed in his room and feeling like he was in charge. The other day they were playing and I came over to this sight. Joaquin was singing, "You are my sunshine" to Daniel. Then he got up, tucked Daniel in, and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him. :) 4. If you remember the fit chart we developed to help with the fits he's been throwing, I'm happy to say that we're making significant progress. He's recently had five days in a row without any fit. Plus a reference to getting a star is usually enough to get him to stop an incipient fit. Isn't that awesome? He's had a slight cold the last couple of days which helped. He wasn't really sick, just mildly out-of-it and very mellow. His nose dripped disgustingly, but he was very willing and helpful. Plus he was super cuddly and affectionate. So it's been a very adorable week.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Joaquin Lindo
Joaquin is often a crazy, hyper, cagey little barbarian (like most 3 year olds). However, he does have his sweet side. So here's some endearing Joaquin moments. 1. Joaquin is a devoted fan of canned peaches so if I'm out of fruit they're always a viable alternative. I had given him the last half of a can for breakfast the other day and once he remembered how good they were he demanded them again for lunch. Since I didn't have any more I pulled out a can of pears. As he's gleefully eating them he tells me, "It's good that I put these pears on top of the canned peaches. The canned peaches make good medicine in my stomach. Not medicine like for my back, but good medicine. And the pears make it with them." I just about died. What on earth is going on in that little head? 2. Daniel and I have been taking classes trying to become foster/adoptive parents. These classes are quite long and have been taking up a lot of evenings and two Saturdays. We were trying to explain to Joaquin why we were going. He's very excited about having a little brother/sister (he wants one of each by the way) and Daniel was trying to explain to him that this little sibling would have other parents who couldn't take care of them. But if those parents got better they could have them back. Then Joaquin says, "If you go to more school can we get a little brother we can keep?" 3. The picture is of Joaquin and Daniel snuggled in his bed. Joaquin used to have this game he played where I would lay in his bed and he would shut the door to his room and go "make me food". I think he just enjoyed putting me to bed in his room and feeling like he was in charge. The other day they were playing and I came over to this sight. Joaquin was singing, "You are my sunshine" to Daniel. Then he got up, tucked Daniel in, and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him. :) 4. If you remember the fit chart we developed to help with the fits he's been throwing, I'm happy to say that we're making significant progress. He's recently had five days in a row without any fit. Plus a reference to getting a star is usually enough to get him to stop an incipient fit. Isn't that awesome? He's had a slight cold the last couple of days which helped. He wasn't really sick, just mildly out-of-it and very mellow. His nose dripped disgustingly, but he was very willing and helpful. Plus he was super cuddly and affectionate. So it's been a very adorable week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment