Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Disciplina


To everyone who has been sending me advice about fit-throwing toddlers, thank you. I've decided to go with bribery, and can report at least limited success. Admittedly I should have thought of this sooner since this was the only thing that convinced Joaquin to potty-train. Plus I know that he always reacts better when he thinks something is his idea. So we've started a chart. Every day without a fit he gets M & Ms and a star on his chart. If he gets five stars he gets a toy. Not perfect, as Daniel says, once he throws a fit our threat for the rest of the day is ruined. However, he has calmed down and not thrown an incipient fit (several times) upon reminder of his potential loss of M & Ms. So despite the fact that we've only been doing this two weeks, I'm feeling optimistic.

No comments: