Friday, January 8, 2010

¡Próspero Año Nuevo!

Happy Belated New Year's everybody. I'm not embarassed to say Joaquin made it just to midnight. He was in his bed falling asleep in Mommy's arms at 12:00. So really he rang in the new year. We left my parent's party a little early and put him to bed the moment we got home, but really he handled the whole thing pretty well. We got to my parents at about 7:30 and up until 10 he and Allie (And Daddy) were playing happily if loudly. Then we had a moment of crashing. This is Joaquin right about 10 - 10:30. He voluntarily came with a blanket to snuggle on my lap and I was pretty convinced he was going to fall asleep there. Then.... he got a burst of energy and decided to visit everyone. The man under the blanket here is Joaquin's soon-to-be-Uncle Brian. True to form, since he likes all his male relatives way better than his femal ones, Joaquin loves Brian. I don't know how I managed to raise such a sexist, but Joaquin just thinks boys are more fun, I'm only grandfathered in b/c I'm his mother. Anyhow after making Brian hide in the blanket for awhile, he moved on to Dana and Tia Lina. Here he is making them laugh with his nonsense words and goofy antics. Then he managed to convince Tia Lina she should work at playing with him. After Tia Lina's acrobatic arms failed (she is pregnant after all), we moved on to other playmates. Auntie Boo-boo and Chelsea! Chelsea, besides being a friend of the family was Joaquin's Sunday School teacher for awhile and a definite Joaquin fan. Even though she's not a boy, she is a lot of fun and will frequently let Joaquin play with her cell phone! (Not an activity mommy is usually willing to do, so Chelsea is definitely cool!) At this point we managed to wrestle him into pajamas to remind him that bedtime was coming...sometime. He was still perky and valiantly fighting tiredness with goofiness. Once he started getting crabby we caved and brought him home, brushed teeth, read a story and tumbled into bed just at midnight. Of course he was still so peppy that I had to lay down with him to calm him down enough to sleep, so Daniel's and my New Year's Eve kiss was delayed by a few minutes. (Very few, once he calmed down Joaquin crashed!) Still I'm pretty sure I'm spending this year and many more with him, so that's alright. :)

No comments: