Sunday, January 31, 2010

Letres

As I blogged previously, we've been working on the letters in Joaquin's name. He can remember what letters are in his name, most of the time (or at least most of the letters, most of the time) and can even write a J. So I got the idea from a little tracing pad that Dora sent us to have him start tracing the letters in his name. I write Joaquin in a light-hued crayon and he traces over it in a darker hue. I have to write the letters fairly large, but he's pretty good at tracing them. (He even managed to trace 'Grandpa' for grandpa's birthday card.) This picture shows his tracing as well as him attempting to write the letters on his own. He doesn't get the idea of writing them in a line or in order yet, but some of them are quite recognizable letters. Check out that fabulous N!

No comments: