Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nuestras Aventuras con Comida

So the other day the Chick-fil-a near us gave free food for dressing like a cow.  To facilitate this they passed out sheets of cow spot stickers.  So the boys put on their white pants and stuck the stickers on.  I even made them some cow tails (photo below).  They were ridiculously cute as they set off to bring home dinner for the fam.  They didn't come back for a long time, which I found confusing, till they finally showed up.  The festive atmosphere had been so fun, they stayed to eat theirs there.  Apparently most folks hadn't made much of an effort besides putting on the spot stickers so Joaquin and Daniel stood out.  In fact they even got their picture taken!  (Of course that might be because they personally are so adorable even without the cow costume.)  Joaquin really does like to help cook/bake/order food so I suppose it was inevitable that Daddy got in on the action.  We discovered at a potluck that Joaquin is a fan of deviled eggs. (He would never have discovered this at home since I'm not one and so don't make them.)  Randomly he and Daniel decided it would be fun to make them.  Neither of them ever had so, everyone brace yourself, Daniel actually used a recipe.  (I was shocked but proud)  They apparently turned out great since they were eaten very quickly.  And it made a big impression because Joaquin was able to describe the entire process (ingredients and all) to Grandma several days later.  The best part was hearing him talking about sprinkling paprika on at the end.  It's a good spice to get excited about it.

No comments: