So this summer is sort of the summer of Joaquin's blossoming as a swimmer. We started swimming lessons with a determination not to put his face in the water. After the first two weeks in the preschool class he was dunking himself with abandon as I've previously blogged. So when we went back to swimming lessons for the next session, they told us to go up to the big kid pool. Woo-hoo! Joaquin loved it, and I sincerely mean loved. He always wants to go to swimming lessons. He literally cried one day when he had to get out of the pool. He also actually listened to his teacher (except for the multiple warnings about keeping his hands on the wall). I was amazed at how much progress he made. He was actually swimming for a few feet and floating on his own. If you don't believe me, here's the video. :) He passed Wave I! (That's the first big kid swim class) Although this time they spelled his name wrong again. |
No comments:
Post a Comment