Sunday, October 31, 2010

La Oficina


We've been moving our office to the living room in order free up our third bedroom. This requires a great deal of re-organizing on my part, not my greatest skill. So I wasn't particularly paying attention to Joaquin as I was going through the drawers. Sometimes this is a dangerous manuever since he can be very quiet when he's investigating something he shouldn't be touching. However in this particular instance it was quite cute. I turned around to see him stealing some post-it notes. As I watched I realized that he had been doing this for some time. He had taken one of my discarded binders and was putting the notes inside. However, to do this he had to punch holes in them. So he had taken the three-hole punch down from the top of the desk and was sticking a corner of each note in to one of the three punches. Then he had remembered how to open the binder rings (we had a very extensive discussion about this the other day when putting some of his school work into the binder I keep for that purpose) and added each note, then closed the rings again. I watched for several minutes, since he's super cute when
preoccupied with a task. Finally he had some trouble with the hole punch and mommy had to step in. Never did figure out exactly what he thought he was doing, but it was sure charming.




No comments: