Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mi hijo lindo

Well, it's my turn to write a blog about my special time with Joaquin. He and I were in Santa Fe over the weekend while Bethany was at a Women's Mini Retreat. We took the train again per Joaquin's request. Joaquin LOVES he train like all 3 year old boys should.


The train ride was nonstop questions: why are the train wheels metal? Why are the tracks metal? Why are the railroad ties wood? Why are the train walls plastic? Why...? I can honestly say that I love every question that comes out of his mouth. I know that sounds impossibly cheesy but it is true. I love hearing his thought process and seeing him make connections and draw conclusions. It seems he is beginning to think that I know everything so when I can't answer a question and I tell him, "I don't know" he responds, "DON'T SAY THAT!" or "YES YOU DO!" It's a good thing he is learing now that there is A LOT I don't know. It may spare him a my Daddy knows more than your Daddy fight in the playground someday!

We revisited our old haunts from the previous trip and I was surprised by how much he remembered and how important it was to him to do it all again. We spent a lot of time talking, walking, and holding hands and I am so grateful to be his daddy. Thank you God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember all those questions well...and I loved them too.
I am grateful I am YOUR mom, and his mimo.

Johanna said...

i'm particularly a fan of the picture of Joaquin eating the cookie.