This is a picture of Joaquin trying on a tux jacket. Since he is to be a ringbearer very soon we went to get fitted on Saturday. It was hysterically cute watching the lady measure him seriously, like he was a little tiny man or something. She measured his chest and his shoulders and his leg and arm length. Totally cracked me up. He actually enjoyed the whole process, especially trying on the cool shiny shoes. In fact, we had a lot of distress when we discovered that we weren't taking any jackets or shoes home with us. I shudder to think how attached he'll get after a whole day with them!
Okay, a few Joaquin stories:
1. Joaquin and I went to Target Friday night and shared a raspberry lemonade in their little eating area. Since it was dark outside you could see our reflections in the window. Joaquin asked me, "Why can you see the inside on the window?". So I explained how it was because the outside was dark and the room was light so there were reflections. He thought for a moment and said, "And when the room is dark and the outside is light you can see reflections inside." Then he wouldn't believe me when I told him it didn't work like that.
2. Leaving Target he noticed that the In sign was green and the Out sign was red and asked me why. I said it's like stopping and going. In is like going so it's green and out is like stopping so it's red. So he goes, "Maybe the green one says Go In and the red one says Stop Out. " He, he.
3. Here's an example of Joaquin's growing experience with humor. On Sunday, Grandpa and Grandma watched Joaquin while Daniel and I picnicked in the park. When we came home the adults were talking, so Joaquin dragged Grandpa off to play. They came back later and Joaquin proudly asked, "Why did the chicken cross the road?", "Why?" we dutifully asked (we should never let my father teach him 'jokes'!) "To get to the other side!" ha, ha, ha, ha. Then he asked me to teach him another joke (I'm guessing since that one was so successful). So I said, "Why did the chicken cross the playground...... to get to the other slide!" Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha. Joaquin's new joke, "Why did the chicken cross the road?..... To get to the other playground!"
4. So I've been listening to the classical music station in the car lately since it's a restful change from the everlasting Joaquin music. Fortunately he hasn't been complaining so I can continue. Yesterday he asked me, "What is this song about mommy?" So I tried to tell him what I thought the music sounded like, first running, then outer space etc. He really got into it and told me that the outerspace music sounded like his music that's in his room (He means his CD of Gustav Holst's 'The Planets'). And it totally did, big sweeping orchestral piece with a lot of low melodies at that particular moment. I was very impressed with him and later it was even cuter when he proceeded to tell (I think it was Grandma, can't remember for some reason) about the song where they were running in outer space. Love it!
1 comment:
haha, I love the classical music story! sorry to diverge from adorable Joaquin, but it reminded me of high school when I was trying to help one of my friends appreciate classical music. A bunch of us were listening one day and trying to help her 'see' the story--she completely missed it and would describe running when the music was slow and peaceful and sleeping when it was wild and fast. It made for good laughs and we let her off the hook for appreciating classical music.
Post a Comment