
A few days prior to Halloween, we decided to finally carve our pumpkin. I bought it a few weeks ago and then it sat in the garage. (Yes, we're weird, don't know what to tell you.) Then Joaquin came home from WOW with a little pumpkin that he had decorated with stickers and marker. It had an M and a D on it for Mommy and Daddy. Apparently when they went to write his name on it, he asked to include us. How cute is he!?! Anyway since he liked his pumpkin so much I was inspired to remember the pumpkin in the garage (thank goodness, it would of rotted eventually!) and Daddy and Joaquin carved a Jack O'Lantern. Daniel was all set to create an artistic masterpiece, but as it's Joaquin's first Jack O'Lantern and I like my husband with all his fingers intact, we settled for traditional. Actually Daniel made some impressively round eyes and skinny ears, so maybe he is ready for some serious cutting next year. We also roasted the seeds which tasted fantastic! Made me wish our pumpkin was seedier. Of course right after Halloween all the pumpkins will be on sale, hmmmm... Seems a waste since I don't like eating any other part of the pumpkin.



No comments:
Post a Comment