Monday, November 2, 2009

El Avión


Joaquin absolutely loves to pretend he's an airplane. Very normal for a little boy I think, but he puts a twist on it. Instead of spreading his arms out wide for wings, he puts them straight in front of him and moves his hands around making engine noises. His arms are the engines of his airplane and when you ask him where his wings are, he will point to his shoulders. This was the inspiration behind his Halloween costume. For Halloween, Joaquin was a ..... Southwest 737! I made it myself out of posterboard (honesty forces me to admit that Daniel helped me shape it, but I honestly designed it all myself and painted it!) Joaquin was somewhat annoyed by the fact that he kept running into things, but endured for the sake of candy collection. (I told him no one would give him candy if he didn't have a costume, which is at least somewhat true.) He also had fun vrooming his engines and pretending he was an airplane while he looked like one. We trick or treated around our neighborhood, stopping by all the families with kids and then visited the Sturdy's before heading to Grandma and Grandpa's. Joaquin got the hang of trick or treating quite quickly once his first proclamation of "trick or treat" was met with gushes of "how cute" and a handful of candy. In fact his trick or treats became so loud we had to calm him down. After we got to my parents he spent the evening helping them pass out candy while Mommy and Daddy went to go see Dracula, the musical? It was a fabulous Halloween.


2 comments:

Erin and Erik said...

Oh! I LOVE the airplane, and the movie is adorable! Kudos to the aeronautical engineers (:

Rachel said...

Look at you, all fancy schmancy making a halloween costume!