This is an old sweater of Joaquin's. For some reason we still have it, so when I found it, I put it on Eliana. Admittedly people in the grocery store probably wouldn't know she was a girl, but it does prove one thing. Blue is her color. Despite the fact that she's darker than me, she does look good in all the colors I look good in. Which makes the experience I had the other day all the more inexplicable. The check-out lady at Marshalls was admiring Eliana and then asked me, "So her dad must be dark, right?" I was both intrigued that she actually could tell and somewhat amazed at her chutzpah. I mean couldn't be a sensitive subject to take a guess at? Of course now that Eliana's eyes are actually a distinct brown she does have different coloring then me, but then again, so does my mother.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment