Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nueve Meses

 Eliana is now nine months.  At the doctor's office she weighed 20 lbs 3 oz and was 28 and 3/4 inches long.  (Which is a huge increase since her last appointment!)  Which puts her still in the 90th percentile for height but only the 75th for weight.  I've never had a baby like that before! I think it's due to all the crawling.  This little girl is on the move.  She's much more content now that she's mobile and she spends much of her free time crawling around exploring.  When Joaquin is home we tag team to make sure we know where she is and what she's playing with.  When he's at school I have to be extra vigilant!   This of course makes getting the nine month picture a little difficult.  I think my favorite picture is where she's apparently reading the sign.  "Hmmmm, nine months, where does the time go?" Notice the pic with a lopsided smile.  This is due to teething.  It feels like we've been teething forever!  And this is unfortunate because she is not a happy teether.  Having raised 2 other babies I can definitely say she's suffered the most.  Still we've cut through 3 bottom and the 2 front top teeth so we're almost done for awhile.  She's started talking, mostly just a lot of baby babble, but a few words that seem to mean something.  She says "I", and it's usually when she's greeting you or trying to get your attention.  And she screams "Mamamamamama" whenever she's upset about something which I'm guessing is probably a pretty solid clue she means Ma-ma! She also kept calling Joaquin "Buda" one morning, but since it hasn't been repeated I don't know if it counts! Not much progress on the growing hair front and she's now almost impossible to give a diaper change to, but still maturity continues.  Such a big girl who can do so many things!




No comments: