Tuesday, August 28, 2012

El Rey Edmund

 The Chick-fil-A near us hosts the occasional theme night, free food in exchange for dressing up and participating.  Daniel and Joaquin enjoyed their cow night (they made very charming cows).  Well last Saturday was Prince and Princess night.  I'm guessing it started out as a girly attraction and then expanded, but we were none the less excited.  Joaquin got a notice at school about it so of course we had to go. He dressed up as King Edmund from Narnia.  Doesn't he look great?  I think Daniel and I have some frustrated costuming instincts.  He did win his little costume contest (I think they keep having them over the evening) and won a little nerf missle thingy.  Plus they had carriage rides - again I think intended to be slightly girly but Joaquin was pretty jazzed.  He said he wished he lived when people took horse and carriages for everything.  Plus we got some free nuggets.  There were a few moms that dressed up and Joaquin told me I should have dressed up and been Queen Susan.  Since she's the pretty one I took it as a serious compliment.  You're adorable Joaquin-o.  Since Eliana can't eat chicken nuggets yet we didn't dress her up either (a massive oversight on my part), but she also had a great time.  She really likes events with lots of people and little kids.  After a nice dinner Joaquin and Daniel darted off to their next engagment and Eliana and I went home for an early evening.  Some friends of ours had set up a father and son treasure hunt out in the desert behind their house.  They ran around until it got dark (and then after) finally finding a treasure chest full of gold chocolate coins.  Awesome, huh?  Every day's a party with the Headleys.

No comments: