Monday, June 4, 2012

Sonreir

This is a slightly crazy picture of Eliana, but the best I have of her smiling big.  She's not the friendliest baby in the world (although she's willing to flirt with anyone from the safety of Mommy's arms), but she has a big happy grin.  I see it every morning when I go in to get her.  She's very excited to see that I'm still around, even after a long night of not seeing me!  And it is a long night, she regularly sleeps 10 to 12 hours.  Pretty impressive for a baby that can be a real stinker about naps.  I guess she just likes to put all her sleep in at once.  Anyway, she's discovered that a huge smile usually receives a smile in return and frequently induces folks to talk to her and play with her.  Now she wields that cute expression like a weapon - you think you can ignore me, just try it!  The one exception is Joaquin.  If he's into something he hardly even notices a little baby smiling at him, frantic for his attention.  I'm constantly saying, "Joaquin, smile at your sister, she's smiling at you." At which point he gives her a cheesy photo grimace and returns to his previous task.  Brothers.  Don't worry Eliana, when you're mobile you can go get him.

1 comment:

alicia said...

I love her smile! And, her shirt and the expression on her face is the perfect combination!!