Saturday, April 14, 2012

Caza de Huevos de Pascua

 Since everyone was in town and we have our traditional Easter buddies the Gregsons, we decided on a huge Easter egg fest.  We dyed eggs and then hunted them.  There were nine children, seven of them mobile and able to particpate.  Whew.  We had a great time actually, despite the chaos, and ended with dinner at Chick-fil-A.  If I could convince Kara and Rachel to come home next year we could make this a tradition!
And they're off!  We let the little guys start first, but there was still plenty left for the big kids to find.

As you can see from Joaquin's basket, even his share was ridiculous.  We had an obscene number of eggs, all filled with candy.

Fred with children.  (I'm being very nice here, this is the best picture of everyone else, but a hideous one of me; what am I looking at?)

All the egg hunters.

Eliana and her special buddy Maggie, they're only about two months apart.

After hunting eggs it was time for crazy playing!  Jonah and Allie soon found out that Joaquin's Uncle Bryan is super fun!

Heather gave Joaquin a stuffed Angry Bird for Easter and it was the hit of the century.  It became the centerpiece of a crazy game where various people where the pigs and the Angry Bird would hit them.  This was apparently fabulous fun.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Well that one of all of us is better than any of the ones that I got! Any chance I can beg you to e-mail it to me. :-)