Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hecho a Mano

 So a brief post in honor of hand-made kids clothes. And I'm not just tooting my own horn here, this lovely hat was crocheted by Mi-mo.  We actually have many beautiful hand-made blankets (I know a lot of sweet crafty people), but fewer hand-made items of clothing.  We do have a knitted monkey hat (don't have a picture of that one yet) from a close friend as well.  This little dress of Eliana's was knitted by me, and I'm super jazzed as to how it turned out.  The little turbanesque hat might be my favorite part of the outfit.  And I finally finished Joaquin's bug sweater.  I started this well before Eliana was born, but Christmas projects and the birth kind of slowed me down!  But I finally finished and Joaquin looks great in it.  My first attempt at 'fair isle' patterning, it's supposed to look like bugs crawling.  There are quite a few errors (I didn't have a pattern, everything was an attempt and improv), but Joaquin likes it so success!


No comments: