Friday, January 13, 2012

La Guardería Infantil

 Realistically this blog will be changing soon to Cada dia con Joaquin y Eliana.  As she doesn't seem to want to come out on her own (due date is already past!), we'll be starting induction tomorrow.  So it seems appropriate to prepare with a blog on her nursery.  We have a black and white theme sort of going on (with other colors mixed in obviously) and I went a little crazy with patterns.  Daniel did a great job refinishing the cute little dresser Dora found for us and the changing table/sideboard that we purchased from an FCT production.  I had fun putting my limited sewing skills to use, Daniel thinks the canopy makes her a little Persian princess.  Admittedly that combined with the sheepskin rug on the floor does make for a little opulence.  I think our most successful project was re-upholstering Joaquin's rocking chair.  Doesn't it look awesome?  There's some decorative elements and a mirror for the changing table that still need to come in, but we're really done.  All we need now is the baby!


3 comments:

Gillian said...

this is FABULOUS, you guys!!!!!

Erin and Erik said...

looks lovely!!! i can't wait to meet the little princess!

Rachel said...

So I'm thinking about recovering our glider - any advice?