Friday, January 13, 2012

Enigmas

For his birthday Joaquin received a Perplexus ball from Geoffpa-pa.  This is a clear plastic ball with an elaborate 3-D maze inside of it.  This maze is run by a small metal ball and is quite complicated and difficult.  Joaquin's ball is "the rookie" but I've yet to master it, although Daniel has managed to beat it once.  It's wildly addicting for both parent and child.  Even for uncles.  Uncle Matty actually purchased his own after an evening with Joaquin's.  He left it at our house accidentally, so for the last week both Daddy and Joaquin have had one to play with.  While Joaquin is actually quite good at his Perplexus (esp. for a 5 year old), Matthew's is one level up and neither Joaquin nor I can get any traction on it.  Daniel can sort of work on it, although he tries to cheat frequently.  This evening I was treated to the amusing sight of both my boys absorbed in their puzzles with very similar concentrating expressions on their faces.  I tried to capture just how much they looked alike with photography, but I really can't do it justice.  It was a very mini-me moment.

1 comment:

Kara said...

There's a harder level to that thing?!? I was so frustrated only getting to 63 or whatever of that thing I was going to scream!