Monday, December 19, 2011

La Litera

Starting on Eliana's room was more difficult because we had to finish some outstanding projects first.  The biggest was Joaquin's bunk bed.  But I am happy to announce we are finally done!  It looks lovely and Joaquin has discovered the advantage of having the ladder right next to his dresser.  The top is a California twin size to allow for a potentially taller teenage Joaquin to have a loft bed.  But the side rails are pretty high so Mommy doesn't have to worry about rolling movements in the middle of the night!  Joaquin immediately started sleeping on the top bunk (he was very excited) and now picks and chooses depending on how the spirit moves.  He also keeps insisting that Eliana will sleep on the bottom bunk.  After many discussions about this, I think he's aware that her first years will be in the crib, but he still likes to talk about it.  I hope he always wants her around this much.

No comments: