As part of our Christmas festivities we went to the 'River of Lights' at the botanical gardens. It's an Albuquerque tradition that I've never been to, but having a kid means you do all sorts of things. It was quite crowded so we had to park at the zoo and shuttle over, which I think was a huge part of the fun for Joaquin. He loves buses. The light sculptures themselves were quite amazing, and Daniel and I were blown away by the artistry. However Joaquin was more interested in the plants at the garden and watching sticks float in the pond. He did enjoy some of the sculptures, especially the ones that moved. I think his favorite was a cheetah that 'ran' across a wall. Despite being up way past Joaquin's bedtime, I think Daddy was the one who got cold and tired first. But it was definitely worth going, and I think we'll make it a family tradition.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment