Wednesday, August 24, 2011

El Primero Dia de Escuela

So summer is over.  Part of me is sad, part of me is relieved.  It's the summer of roadrunners (we've seen like a million, I think the drought is making them look afar for food) and of Joaquin's discovery of swimming.  Of course it's also been insanely hot and I've been schlepping two children everywhere while very tired, but still!  Yet now it's officially over as Joaquin just started school. Here he is on his first day, grinning like a crazy person.  It's very exciting because three of his buddies from church are in his class along with a friend from Little Gym.  He's already been in time out for talking, but at least he's having a good time! Such a big boy, I was a little emotional about his first day this year, must be the pregnancy hormones.  He of course thought it was business as normal and didn't understand the whole hullabaloo.  

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Whoa, amazing! He looks so grownup! congrats to all, it is indeed an emotional thing, even if the concrete difference from what has gone before is kind've indefinable.....