Monday, August 23, 2010

Mi Primer Día de la Escuela


So our internet has been spotty lately, leaving me very little time to blog. So this is a very late blog for what a momentous occasion it commemorates. This picture is of Joaquin on his first day of school! What a big boy he is. You can see his backpack peeping out over his shoulders. Due to the dirth of small backpacks and the need to carry a lunchbag and a change of clothes, this backpack is rather ludicrously large for him. However he doesn't have to carry it very far so it's okay. Joaquin was very excited about school, he's been asking to go since he realized that most of those big playgrounds we pass are attached to schools. He was a little depressed that he couldn't go to Dennis Chavez (an elementary school near us that we pass frequently), but after we went to an open house to meet his teachers, he was excited about his school also. Still, the first day he was a little quiet at breakfast and in the car. As we checked him in and walked to his classroom he was very quiet. I was nervous that he was getting scared and would be sad for me to leave. (I had very carefully explained how I was going to leave and he would have his lunch there and then I would pick him up, etc.) We get to the classroom, he sees a cool toy (picture on right) and walks away from me without a word. I had to pull him over to say goodbye and give me a hug. I had one of the teachers take our picture, which is really funny b/c you can see him already going for another toy. He stopped long enough for a brief cheese, so brief the camera couldn't even capture it, before exploring more. Such a clingy child he is. Fortunately his super chill attitude
about school has continued, he enjoys it a lot. Plus his ease kept mommy from getting choked up. This last picture is Joaquin's name, done in noodles. This project was done on his first day and I love it! Doesn't it look fabulous? Since then we've made lots of projects (I'm going to have to figure out what to do with them) and I've discovered how Joaquin signs his name with no adult input. In very shaky letters (not in a straight line), Joqin. Hey nobody else spells it right either! He's a big boy all around lately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You just know he was the cutest boy there!
He is soooooo cute.

I love him ;)
mimo