Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mi-mo y La Tienda

We had a great visit from Mi-mo last weekend. She came in on Friday evening (late due to a Denver rainstorm) and stayed till Mon. morning so we had a lot of time to play. We took her to the zoo (she's been before, but it's always fun) and Joaquin got to beat the heat playing with their splash pad. It's so no fair that adults have nothing like it. Joaquin is getting too old for me to accompany him now, and I definitely would get weird looks if I ran around the zoo soaking wet. Sigh. Sometimes it's hard to be an adult. We also picnicked in their beautiful park area. The zoo is one of my favorite venues, I'm so depressed that the symphony doesn't really play concerts there anymore. It was really fun. After a fun morning, Mi-mo was really gracious and Daniel and I got to attend a wedding and reception with free, quality babysitting! Fun for both parents and Joaquin. Not sure what all Joaquin and Mi-mo did, but there was a tent involved and some pear and Manchego s'mores. Joaquin loved his tent and we left it up for several days. However, I finally tired of ducking under it to put away clothes and get him out of bed, so we took it down. Needless to say there some serious tears. You can also see the pretty new bedspread Mi-mo brought for Joaquin. Isn't it so grown-up? She also brought several new pairs of underwear (from Gymboree, my favorite!). I found that while little boy clothes are somewhat boring, little boy underwear is the cutest thing! I definitely have to watch my spending in this area. Especially little boxer briefs, so adorable! We finished up our weekend by walking down to Baskin Robbins (sp?) on Sunday night. It's a great walk since it's about 2 miles and has a hill on the way home. So you feel like you've earned your ice cream! But I do have a moral to this story - never let a little boy pick out Pop-Rock, Lime & Grape ice cream just cause it's pretty. He won't like it.

Thanks Mi-mo, we miss you!

No comments: