Monday, May 10, 2010

Otro Tiempo Con Joaquin


It's Daniel again. Bethany was with Kara last week so Joaquin and I had more quality time together. We had been preparing him for this all week but I don't think any amount of verbal prep is sufficient to ease a 3 year old who misses his mommy. Joaquin out a bold face on it though and did remarkably well.

I took Monday off so he and I could hang out. I LOVE waking him in the morning. There is nothing like a good sleepy snuggle! We went to the zoo, the National Nuclear Museum, and to Costco. All before nap time!

Our zoo is great. The exhibits are easy to walk to and there is a beautiful grassy area shaded by old cottonwoods. I love those trees. We took a picnic and Joaquin was asking about it by 10 am. I was able to hold him off a bit longer by taking him to the play area which is AWESOME! All the surfaces are made from flat nylon webbing that is woven together and tensioned. The more advanced areas can only be accessed by lifting your body up through a little hole on the next level. This posed a serious challenge for Joaquin who, like his daddy at this age, is very heavy. He doesn't have that monkey advantage that lot's of kids have and can therefore climb up anything. Nevertheless, he was DETERMINED to get through that hole! He pushed and pulled and reached and squirmed and just when it seemed nothing would work....HE GOT IT! I was so overwhelmed with pride that I was literally yelling, "YES! YES! YOU DID IT!" Then he had to do it two more times and....HE DID IT! He was so proud of himself. :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't take more days off and he spent the remaining days with Grandma who was very busy with Auntie Boo's wedding plans. The good thing is that I got to wake him up every morning. :)



The best part was getting Mommy back!

No comments: