Saturday, May 1, 2010

El Doctor Pequeño


Last Saturday Daddy had a little trouble getting up, so eventually Joaquin and I went and got him. Joaquin was very upset when he saw an owie (how do you spell that?) on Daddy's hand so out came the first aid kit. It was hysterically cute, because at first I didn't realize he had gone to get it, so he started doing everything himself. First he cleaned Daddy's hand with his special cleansing foam (guaranteed to make all band-aids placed on the area afterward NOT stick.). Then he went and got a 'big' band-aid for Daddy. I was totally mystified as to why he had to go and get another band-aid when he has plenty in his little kit. However all was made clear when he returned with a regular, non-animal or Diego patterned band-aid. Daddy needs an adult band-aid, duh! He made very cute concentrating faces while opening the band-aid. (Which he did himself b/c Mommy was too busy taking pictures of how cute he was being.) Then we put some neosporin on the band-aid. I've been working on reminding him how you always put the neosporin on the band-aid, not on your owie. More hygenic and also less messy, very important when a three-year-old is doing it himself. Then he very carefully and tenderly put the band-aid on Daniel's hand and smoothed it down. So cute! Especially since some days he very adorable and takes good care of his stuffed animals (wrapping them in blankets to keep them warm, and feeding them), while others he asks me things like, "Do you ever throw kitties?". And then proceeds to throw the kitties. Boys!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jonah usually asks for a bandaid when there's no evidence of injury - but not really when there is. Weird. The scrapes usually happen when we're out and he doesn't ask for one (that I DO have in my bag), so I forget until bathtime. Am I a horrible mom?